Art Journal #5 // Revisiting a Painting

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” 
- Andy Warhol


My morning art meditations have opened me up to trusting in the creative process more and I've come up with new ideas that have helped me with old problems. Like this painting I revisited, correcting the yellow skin tone with an acrylic glaze and adding more color to the star field.

Adding color to the star field
Correcting the yellow skin tone with an acrylic glaze

Although it is challenging to get myself up early in the morning, I have found that my entire day is more pleasant when I've sat at the easel and painted. I've also sensed a strong connection with my muse, that voice of ideas inside me that feeds my creative expression.

Early morning in the art studio
Wishing you an abundance of creativity and inspiration!
- Carrie

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ Shop Prints + Cards ... www.CarrieMartinezArt.etsy.com
★ Shop Home Decor + Accessories ... society6.com/carriemartinez
★ Website ... CarrieMartinez.com
★ Blog ... http://carriemartinez.blogspot.com/
★ Instagram ... www.instagram.com/carriemartinez.art/
★ Facebook ... www.facebook.com/carriemartinez.art/

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
 

Popular Posts