Live Painting at Arts Alive

I had such a great time at Arts Alive in Old Town Eureka this past Saturday, where I live painted at my Artist Reception at Humboldt Herbals.  This is my second year in a row showcasing my art at this location, and I love the women who work here, so I thought it would be fun to paint for them.  The introvert in me was of course nervous, so I brought several canvases to either paint owls or do a portrait.  I got to the show early to "warm up," deciding to paint the portrait of the ethereal looking woman.  Here is what I completed at the show:


The painting is still very much a work in progress.  I am considering making her a mermaid and adding a blue sea, as I have been missing the ocean lately.


Thank you everyone for coming out to the show!
I had so much fun painting for you!


Next month I will be returning to Humboldt Herbals for the October Arts Alive, where I will again be live painting.  Until then, be sure to visit Humboldt Herbals at 2nd and D St in Eureka to see my collection of paintings hanging throughout the store.  

Have an inspired day!
 carrie  


"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



Popular Posts