Finding Inspiration: A Southern Cemetery


A recent trip to historic Brooksville Florida brought me to a charming old cemetery full of exquisite statuary, tombstones covered in lichens and moss, ghostly old oaks, and palm tree-lined pathways.  Take a walk with me through a Southern Cemetery...
















At the end of the walk I found this plaque on the wall...


Cemeteries are symbolic of the value of life and the eternalness of the soul.
The most important lesson of a cemetery would probably be Gratitude...
Gratitude for Life, for Love, for Family, for this beautiful Earth...

+ Live Gratefully +


Check out this beautiful cemetery I visited in Pennsylvania:

And here are some links explaining art and symbolism found in cemeteries:

+ All photos by Carrie Wachter Martinez +



Comments

Priti.Lisa said…
Such beautiful photos Carrie, truly beautiful. I am a cemetery walker too, one of my favorite things to do.
Also had a peek below...love the Great Mother river rock! Your art is so gentle and powerful at the same time, lovely! ♥♥
Wow !!! Hi my lovely friend !!! I so enjoyed this walk with you through this very old cemetery !!! A very mysterious place to visit !!! Every thing is so old there !!! Wow !! This statue of the boy covered from lyhens and moss is amazing...like real...i mean..maybe he will come alive at night !!!! Love your photos so much and i also love old oak trees and these little angel fairies laying on the ground and this Angel in the last photo !!!!!
Wonderful post !!! Thanks for sharing your inspirational adventures Carrie !!! Hope you are fine !!! Kisses ! :))
Gloria in CA said…
Hi Carrie . Love these photos. I do the same. I actually find peace. Thanks, hope all is well with you.

Popular Posts