Studio Scenes: A New Series Unfolds


Welcome back to the studio!  I have been so busy with family and work lately that I developed painters block and had no idea what to work on.  I needed to just sit at the easel without any preconceived ideas of what to paint and let my intuition guide me.  This is my "free painting" piece...


Painting freely like this allows the creative soul to explore without fear or limitation.  Ideas come to mind that may be useful for future works.  

After painting this little portrait, I noticed a resemblance to Josephine Baker.  I started gathering images of jazz and musical icons that I would like to paint, as well as some gorgeous 1920's images.  I plan to paint a collection of these portraits on salvaged wood squares.  I'll keep you updated as I go...




Popular Posts