The Drawing Table: Game Designs


In between the adventures of a back-to-school schedule, 
I was able to paint in the studio one sunny afternoon.....


I am working on my games collection.  Currently, there are 5 different game designs, including farm, botanical, halloween, astronomy, and animal themes..


On this particular summer afternoon, I completed potatoes, broccoli, carrot, avocado, and grape designs.  I usually start by painting the background and then I add the image's shadow.


Next, I add the details.  I should really work with a potato or photo of one before me, but I usually just paint intuitively.


The game pieces will be 2.5 x 2.5 inches.



I love to paint!  Now that I own a business and am a mama to two busy sons, my sunny afternoons painting for hours are few.....
so I cherish these moments of complete creative freedom!



My sketchbook with the "On the Farm" design sketches...







The scene just outside the studio...
I must resist the temptation to lay there with a good book...the challenges of working in a beautiful location!


I am hoping to have the games available for sale October 1st, 
so I better get back to work......
Thanks for visiting my mountain studio!  Have an inspired weekend!


.....................................................................................................

Visit the Paint Party Friday! 


Comments

Cameron said…
Carrie! I love the vibrant colors and simple, effective designs of these pieces! The little peek into your process was certainly fun...but my fave part was seeing all those little sketches...so neat and tidy and ready to come to life!

So nice to see what you've been up to...though that garden sure is inviting!
Helen said…
Thank you for sharing asnd I love seeing the work in progress. Also your view is awesome....how do you get any work done? :o) Happy PPF
WrightStuff said…
Lovely to see all this work in progress. I am very jealous of your mountain studio!
NatashaMay said…
This looks fabulous! And I love how neat your sketchbook is. :)
Rosie Kaplan said…
Very interesting post, great to see your process. I was looking down your side panel and saw your gorgeous butterfly and I need one for my Affirmation ABC. I'd like to talk to you about using it.
Netty said…
The paintings all look great and thank you for sharing your process. Loving the view from your studio.....wow. Happy PPF, Annette x
Yay Carrie..always a treat to visit you...LOVE the photos and love the action shots..especially the paint brush dipping into paint...it totally comes to life...beautiful! your art and sketches are gorgeous..your cards are brilliant and inspiring...shine on kindred.. you are a magical soul and I love all that you create! LOVE the outside shot too..woah..powerful and beautiful!
Congrats on all you are doing and creating!
Rock on!
Victoria
carlarey said…
It's all so gorgeous...your work, your sketches, your photos, your garden.
Awesome ~ Love your artstyle ~ interesting process ~ shadow behind the object ~ you go from dark to light? Wonderfully creative! ~Thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^
SHERI C said…
I really enjoyed seeing the thumbnail sketches and then the beautiful little paintings bringing them to life! You have a great talent. Happy PPF!
Kristin Dudish said…
It is so great to see your process! I love your up close and cropped compositions... and the colors - Wow!
(I also enjoy getting a glimpse of your sketchbook :) )

xo
Kristin
Carol said…
Love your game pieces and really totally have fallen in love with the view you have . I'd be out there 24 7 if I had that view ♫♥♫
Amber said…
These are great! I love your pieces, you're really really talented! :) Keep up the good work!
Joni Nickrent said…
FUN STUFF...GR8T Project! Awesome photos...inspiring and beautiful! Love it! Happy PPF POP ART MINIS
Melisa said…
Interesting! I hope you post more details about these game projects.
iamrushmore said…
thank you, thank you for sharing the pictures of your work in stages. This is my first visit to your blog but it won't be my last. Love your style, and think the game idea is inspired. I'm past the alphabet card stage of parenting, but think these would make a gorgeous gift for someone with a youngster. I'll be on the lookout in your shop
Pointy Pix said…
your work is beautiful and your location is amazing - what an inspirational and magical mountain retreat - how very lucky you are!!
Christine said…
your work is beautiful, that unbelievable view can't hurt!
Geckostone said…
I love your art, and oh yeah, I'd want to stay outside and read a book too, what a spot!!! Happy PPF ! Deb
Renee Thompson said…
Hi! Thanks for sharing your process. What kind of game are you making? Nice garden images.
Gloria said…
Beautiful, just beautiful, both your art and the scenery outside are wonderful. Great job, great studio.
What lovely creations. Such a clever idea for a game...curious to see it when it is finished! I would be tempted to go outside too...so pretty & relaxing.
EVA said…
These are looking great! I love how you paint the shadow first the n the image. Very effective!
oh how awesome. everything looks just fabulous, even your "sketches" look like finished pieces :) and you have great printing! (your penmanship)

Popular Posts