A Room With a View and a Work in Progress


I took the day off from business and freed myself creatively to just paint for hours.  Here are images of one of my latest works in progress, inspired by the mountain view from the studio windows.





I painted the three wood boards black, then sketched the mountain outlines with colored pencil...


...and then I added color using acrylic paint.




 I colored with pencils to add energy and vitality.


I chose bold contrasting colors reminiscent of my Grandmother's art and Paul Gaughin's work.


What comes next?  A tree?  clouds? or perhaps a village nestled in the valley?


The scene continues to evolve.......


......................................................................................................

Its Friday and there's a Paint Party over here....


Comments

Gloria said…
Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.
Joni Nickrent said…
Love your work and style. Always fun to see the process. Thanks for sharing your the adventure! Happy PPF! POP ART MINIS
Diane said…
Oh--love what's going on here!
Marcia said…
nice bold colors and elegant design. thanks for sharing your process. http://blog.chriscozenartist.com/
Netty said…
Happy PPF Carrie. Loving your paintings on wood, already so atmospheric. Look forward to see what else you paint on it. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x
Geckostone said…
Wow, AWESOME!!!! I love the fact that its all on wood too! The view is real similar to our front window view too!Love it! Happy PPF, Deb
EVA said…
That's your view? Wow!

Beautiful!! Love the colours you chose.

How big is the tryptych?
SHERI C said…
Loved seeing your work-in-progress. The results are wonderful. HAPPY PPF!
HI Carrie...so gorgeous..very beautiful piece.....I love how you words carried me like a poetic wind and leading me into your thoughts and creative process..enchanting...AWESOME!

Wishing you a fabulous summer day!
Victoria
Phoenix Peacock said…
ooo I love it over the black! This is great. Good for you for taking the time for you!

Popular Posts