Finding Inspiration: Age

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?  
~ Satchel Paige (1906-1982)



My sons and I like to walk (well they usually run) in the Southern Humboldt Community Park, a lovely loop meandering through ancient bay laurel groves and golden meadows, winding pathways with great places for littles to explore.  On a recent walk we found this old antique car in one of the historic barns.  We imagined the stories it would tell if it could, where it had traveled and who had it traveled with.  Its beauty has now faded, yet each dent and scratch hint at numerous adventures of another time.


Now that I have turned 40, there is more of an urgency in getting everything done balanced with a need to connect more fully with loved ones...a need to "keep it real" and let go of all the extras that are no longer serving me.  Being at the possible halfway point of my life, I find that vanities are fading and creativity is soaring.  There is no longer a choice as to whether or not I will follow my dreams...I am compelled to live life to the fullest and to leave my children a legacy of creativity, clarity, and determination that will plant seeds of inspiration in them to do the same with their lives.


And one day, each wrinkle and scar will bear stories of adventures of this time that I am creating now...

...create your day...live your dreams...
...Live the life you love + love the life you live...

So, what age would you be?

...carrie wm...

Comments

Popular Posts